TWIN MOUNTAIN SNOWMOBILE CLUB TRAIL CONDITIONS 2020-2021
Ride at your own risk and use caution!!
AREA TRAIL GROOMING INFORMATION
This pertains mostly to our in-town trails as well as Corridor 11 connecting the Haystack area to Bretton Woods. When there are very low snow totals in the coverage area noted above there have been questions related to the extent of our grooming operations.
Please know that if there is sufficient snow coverage to operate without doing damage to the trails as well as to our very expensive equipment we will be out grooming to the best of our ability. We depend greatly on the revenue that we receive for each hour of grooming in order to stay operational as a club. We gain no benefit by not grooming when conditions are optimal. Also please note that most of our trail system consists of winding uneven terrain in the White Mountain National Forest and not on flat roads. This in turn requires far more snow coverage to maintain a smooth trail system.
Thank you for considering these facts when you ride on our trail system.
Please remember that trail conditions can change within hours depending on weather, snowmobile use and other obstacles that are out of our control. Ride at your own risk and use caution.
How Trails are graded. This matches to how the Bureau of Trail grade trails.
- Great - Trail has a really good base, groomed flat with solid snow that should hold up to traffic.
- Good - Trail is flat with a good base, there may be ice underneath, and while groomed snow could become a bit mushy.
- Moderate - Trail has decent riding, but may have bare spots, ice, or rough sections.
- Marginal - Trail is passable, but may have thin snow, open or partially filled water bars, bare spots, ice, or trees down.
Currently waiting on the snow.
|Trail Name||Status||Condition||Groomed/packed Date||Comments|
|Base Road-NH Corridor 11||Closed|
|Jefferson Notch Rd-NH Corridor 11||Closed|
|Mt. Clinton Road||Closed|
|Cherry Mt. Road (Lower Falls to Tower Trail Junction)||Closed|
|Mt. Mitten Trail (Jefferson Notch to 25 Dollar Trail Junction)|
- NH Corridor 11 Trail
|Lower Falls to Zealand Parking Lot||Closed|
|Iron Horse Trail (102) Fabyan's -Blue Store: Rail Road Bed with RAILS||Closed Railroad Using till 1/9/2021||Closed till at-least 1/9/2021||Closed till at-least 1/9/2021||Rails are still showing in places.|
|Iron Horse Trail (102) Blue Store -Lennon Rd: Rail Road Bed with RAILS||Closed Railroad using till 1/9/2021||Closed till at-least 1/9/2021||Closed till at-least 1/9/2021||Rails are still showing in places.|
|102 Bypass of Railroad Tracks Twin Mt Sand/Gravel||Closed|
|Zealand Trail - NH Corridor 11 Trail||Closed|
|Pipeline Trail - NH Corridor 11 Trail||Closed|
|Twin Mountain Trail||Closed|
|Twin Mountain Connector||Closed|
|Tuttlebrook Trail - NH Corridor 11 Trail||Closed|
|In town Twin Mt., access to businesses||Closed|
|Upper Haystack Trail- NH Corridor 11 Trail||Closed|
|Haystack Rd Trail- NH Corridor 11 Trail||Closed|
|Rocky Ridge- NH Corridor 11 Trail||Closed||Water bars.|
|Mt. Tom Trail||Closed||Ungroomed||Ungroomed||Watch for sign where we stop maintaining the trail. After that it's ungroomed|
|SugarLoaf Trail||Closed||Ungroomed||Ungroomed||Expert trail|
Number of Visitors This Season
This page was last modified on:
Recommended Practice for Passing By a Groomer
Approved by NHSA Map and Trails Committee
- For oncoming sleds: The sleds should pull off the trail and allow the groomer to pass by.
- For sleds overtaking the groomer: The groomer operator should find a safe spot to pull over and stop. The sleds can then check to see if they can safely pass by the groomer.
Note: The operator will not signal for sleds to pass by.
Reason: Each rider must take responsibility for passing by the groomer safely.
NH Statute Governing Passing by a Groomer
215-C:8 Operation of Snowmobiles. –
Section III b, Item 3:
10 miles per hour at trail junctions or parking lots, or when passing trail grooming equipment.
Some courtesies to observe on our trail system:
1. Curfew hour is 11:00pm through inhabited areas.
2. Please do not litter the trail system.
3. WARNING: Grooming equipment is in operation at any time, use caution.
4. Observe speed limits and stay on marked trails.
Please remember the trail conditions are updated as quickly as possible & can change within hours depending on weather & snowmobile use. If you disagree with a particular condition listed from a first hand, recent experience please e-mail us "kindly" at: firstname.lastname@example.org